Today, I have been nominated for the Liebster Award, by the lovely Lauren over at Bookmark Lit! Thank you, Lauren! 🙂
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers in order to welcome them to the world of blogging! The only condition is that you have less than 200 followers.
To accept, all you have to do is:
1) Link and thank the person who nominated you.
2) Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
3) Tag 11 bloggers who have 200 or less followers
4) Ask the 11 bloggers 11 questions, and let them know you nominated them!
The 11 questions that Lauren gave me, plus my answers:
What is the best book you’ve read this year?
This is really hard, as I have read so many great books! If I absolutely had to choose, I think I would have to say Underneath by Michael Cargill.
What is the worst book you’ve read this year?
Hmm. This is another hard one. I guess I would have to say ‘A Bell Sound Everlasting’ by JZN McCauley, as I didn’t actually finish it. It’s rare for me not to finish a book!
If you could recommend one author to me, who would you recommend and why?
I know from your posts (I’ve been ‘following’ you for a while, which sounds so creepy!) and I know that you like to read Young Adult books. Therefore, I would recommend the ‘Fuel to the Fire’ trilogy by David Staniforth. I think you’ll really enjoy them!
What is your favorite type of blog post to write? (Discussions, reviews, lists/recommendations, memes, etc.?)
I love writing reviews. I love that I have my own personal space to tell people what I really think about the books that I’m reading!
Tell me three random facts about you that are not reading related.
1) My favourite animal is a giraffe, because they’re clumsy like I am.
2) I have blue eyes.
3) I love baking (and eating) cakes!
What TV show is the most addicting one you’ve watched and why should I watch it? (Netflix options are preferable!!)
Gilmore Girls! I cannot tell you how much I love this series. I own every single series on dvd and can quote it word for word! It will make you laugh and cry. You will feel like you are part of their world.
What’s your dream career?
Teaching. I’ve always wanted to be a teacher 🙂
What book series did you completely binge-read…or wish you could have binge-read but not all of them were out at the time?
The Lorne Simpkins series by M.A Comley. I couldn’t get enough of them! It’s a crime series with a strong female protagonist. Well worth the read 🙂
What is your biggest hobby aside from reading?
Baking. Does that count as a hobby? I love trying out new recipes!
What is your favorite book of all time?
I think that would have to be ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’ by Harper Lee.
What is your favorite genre to read and what would you say to readers who don’t like that genre?
I’m not sure I have a favourite genre! At the moment I’m reading a lot of Fantasy 🙂 I would say to people that don’t like Fantasy to give it a go as you might be surprised and find a book you love!
The 11 bloggers I’m nominating:
I apologise if you’ve already been nominated or you have more than 200 followers!
In no particular order:
2) Ditch the Bun
3) Read Rant Review
5) Spider’s Book Club
6) Romance Novels for the Beach
7) David Hadley
8) Sempre Dolce
9) The Weekly Bake
10) Will Once
It was really hard to come up with only 11, so I’m sorry if I left anyone out!!
My questions to those I have nominated:
1) What are you currently reading?
2) If you could meet anyone in the world (real or fictional) who would it be and why?
3) What movie have you enjoyed more than the book?
4) What are 3 random facts about you?
5) Do you finish a book you hate, or stop and put it down?
6) What is your favourite food?
7) What three items would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
8) If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
9) What is your favourite book of all time?
10) Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what?
11) Which character would you love to be and why?
Once again, thank you very much to Lauren at Bookmark Lit for thinking my blog worthy of nomination!