I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely Kenzie from Bookish Things and Tea! I’d like to begin by saying a massive thank you for the nomination! It really means a lot to me that you thought my blog was worth nominating!
Kenzie’s blog is awesome and I’d love it if you could check it out! As you may know from my Recommended Blog list, Kenzie’s blog is about everything YA!
Here are the rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs to give the award to. You might have to do some searching, but you can find those blogs. You can’t nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
2. Make a post to show off your award! Talk about how your blog got started and give some advice to the other bloggers out there. And share the fancy picture!
3. Comment on each blog to let the blogger know that you have nominated them.
4. Link to the original post at Edge of Night that way anyway can find the original guidelines and such.
Why I started blogging:
I started blogging during the final few months of my second year at University. I was losing my love of reading due to doing a joint degree in English and History and wanted to create a site to celebrate the great books that I had been reading (even if I was reading them very slowly). I didn’t expect to get any followers as I’d sort of started it for myself, so I was blown away when other bloggers started interacting with me! From there, I really fell in love with blogging and the blogging community.
My advice to other bloggers:
As Kenzie said, take regular breaks from blogging and don’t try to force yourself to write posts. It won’t happen and you’ll just feel really disappointed in yourself! Also, don’t worry about what other bloggers are doing or how their site looks. Your site is yours and it should be what you want it to be, not what you think it should be!
Who I’m nominating:
1) Becky at Blogs of a Bookaholic
2) Lauren at Bookmark Lit
3) Dayna at Secret Lives of Fiction Lovers
4) Michelle at Spider’s Book Club
5) Claire at Claire’s Cosy Corner
6) Ditch the Bun
7) Lexi at Sempre Dolce
8) Romance Novels for the Beach
9) Brittney at Brittney’s Book Nook
10) CK at CK’s Reading Corner
11) Krystal at Breathing in Fiction
12) Carla at Random Thoughts of a Twenty Something
13) The Editor at The Journal
14) Cristina at Girl in the Pages
15) Nicole at Thoughts on Fantasy
Also, I apologise if anyone that I have nominated has already received this award or doesn’t accept awards. I did check but sometimes these things get missed!