I have had a few authors approach me for reviews of books, so I thought that I would set out my review policy here. If you agree to all of my terms, then please send me an email at: KJReviews@outlook.com. My review policy can be found below. I hope you find it fair, and respect my decisions.
I accept e-book format (preferably Kindle) only. I would also like to specify that the work is fiction. I also do not accept poetry. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
- I am happy to read books that have been sent to me. This includes all genres and types, although I tend to stay away from erotica and anything overly religious. I like reading new material and discovering new authors, and feel that I have an open mind.
- I do not put reviews up on a specific date. I like taking my time to read a book, so that I get the most enjoyment out of it possible. This means that, unfortunately, I do not put reviews up on a certain date. However, if you do need a review in a certain time frame, please contact me and I will see what I can do. This also means that it may take me a while to read your book. I am unable to set a time frame for this because circumstances change, but I will do everything I can to get to your book as soon as possible.
- My reviews are honest. I try my absolute best to be truthful in my reviews. This means that there is a possibility that you will not get the review that you were hoping for. All of my reviews are my own personal opinion, which means that a book will only get a favourable review if I liked reading it. However, if I did not like reading it, I will give as much detail as I can, along with a follow up email, and be constructive, not nasty.
- I will read anything that is sent to me, provided it falls into the categories of fiction, and isn’t poetry or erotica. It is a great feeling to have someone like your reviews and trust you opinion enough to ask you to read their work, or read a recommendation. I treat anything sent to me with the utmost respect, and make sure that my reviews are professional and kind, no matter what star rating I give. This includes sending you an email to let you know the review is up, along with a link to the review.
- I do not state which books I received from the author or which I bought. I have decided not to detail which books I get from different places, as this information is, in my opinion, irrelevant. It does not affect my opinion in the slightest, and my reviews are always truthful.
- I will post my review on my blog, Goodreads, Facebook and Twitter accounts. I am happy to post my review to Goodreads, as well as on my blog and my Twitter account. However, I can post reviews elsewhere on request. Just send me an email and we’ll discuss it.
- I will keep you updated. As well as sending an email when the review is up, I also promise to let you know if I will not review your book for whatever reason, or if I have encountered a problem that will affect the time frame I review your work in.
- I reserve the right to both decline a review request, and read a book without reviewing. Obviously I will try my absolute best to respond to every review request positively, and read every book suggested to me. However, sometimes life just gets in the way or I have some other problem. If this happens, I will let you know. I will also let you know in detail why I refuse your review request.
If you think you can agree to these terms, please send me an email at KJReviews@outlook.com. I try to reply as quickly as I can.